I don't know about you but my radar goes off when I watch SpongeBob SquarePants and yes, I like to watch SpongeBob!
Here are 10 reasons why I think SpongeBob SquarePants has autism.
1. SpongeBob's inability to realize that Squidward doesn't like him.
2.His strong desire to stay in his routine and the stress he feels when taken out of it. If Mr. Crabs tells him to go home, he doesn't know what to do with himself.
3. His is very immature for his age. I don't know how old he is but he has a job and lives alone so he has to be an adult but he acts like a child.
4. He can't make crabby patties unless he uses a certain spatula.
5. SpongeBob never seems to notice if someone is making fun of him or making a joke.
6. His extreme fascination with jelly fish, Mermaid Man, and Barnacle Boy
7. He does not seem to understand if something is dangerous.
8. He believes everything everyone tells him and takes it literally.
9. Spongebob lives in his own world most of the time and is socially awkward.
10. No matter how much Mrs. Puff teaches SpongeBob he just can not learn how to drive. My daughter is not old enough to drive yet but I picture her being just like SpongeBob when she starts her driving lessons.
Well there it is, I just call it like I see it. Now I know he doesn't show some of the classic traits but I am sure he falls on the spectrum somewhere.