Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life In A Cartoon

Just about everything Sierra does is tied into something she has seen on a cartoon show, and she always has a toy friend with her, here is an example:

Last year for Christmas Sierra was given a toy roller coaster and she likes to pretend that she is Fanboy and Chum Chum (cartoon show) when she rides it.  Spongebob (friend) is Fanboy and he is scared on the roller coaster while Sierra is Chum Chum who likes it.  In the video she says "Weee" that is Chum Chum speaking, then she repeats the phrase "don't look down" and that is Fanboy speaking.



Most kids would just ride it and have fun, but with Sierra it always involves a show and/or a toy.  I guess roller coasters are always more fun with a friend! Right?

 I couldn't resist showing you this next video.  It is Sierra's 10 month old sister Hannah, she is our little daredevil of the family and does this all by herself.  She can't even walk yet. Pay no mind to the messy house, it was a long weekend due to ice and snow.

8 comments:

  1. You were right that Sierra and Griffin have a lot in common because he loves Fanboy, Chum Chum, and Spongebob too! And he pretends all the time too just like she does. Isn't it amazing how they can be so much alike even though they are of opposite genders? I think that with autism it knows no gender lines boys and girls play similarly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, when I saw your video of Griffin I couldn't believe how similar they were so I posted this so you could see Sierra doing her thing. I also read somewhere that a very high percentage of ASD children like the same activities like trains, pirates, water, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved both clips, great idea to put a beanbag against the wall as a bumper. Hannah is so cute, and very determined, I know, I have one just like her :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen, yes Hannah is very determined and aggressive, we hope the two girls will balance each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tinkerbell and 'Bot both play the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really cute videos. Quick question for you. How long do you think the Step 2 Up and Down Roller Coaster will last for kids? It's kind of pricey - I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to go ahead and buy this one with a 2-year-old, or hold off a bit and buy the bigger Step 2 Extreme Coaster for the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought it when she was two and she is four now. She loves it still and older kids that have used it love it too. I would recommend getting it.

    ReplyDelete