Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Potty Training Regression

    Sierra was potty trained over the summer, so I thought.  She has regressed to going in her pants a little first, before she will to walk to the bathroom.  When she was first trained everything was good.

    When Sierra is home from school we go through a ton of underwear!  When she is at school, they have a lot of potty breaks and she also drinks less, so she only does it once or twice.  When she gets home from school she is at full force with wet underwear every hour sometimes more.  I know she can do it because she was doing it in the beginning.  We have used rewards and Sierra has responded to those for a little while then reverts back.

    I have bought extra underwear so I wouldn't have to do wash all the time and I put them in a basket that is easily accessible to Sierra.  So this is the routine now, she will wet her panties a little, then kick them off wherever she is, go to the bathroom, and then bring me the new underwear.

    I want Sierra to be independent so I don't want to keep reminding her to go to the bathroom all the time.  I guess it could be worse, she could be pooping in them too!  I think I will wait it out a little longer and see what happens.

    If you have a toddler with autism or you are looking for a good travel potty check out my review Best Portable or Travel Potty Ever.

Update: Sierra did finally outgrow the mini pees over the year, so if you find yourself in a similar situation they might just outgrow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment